The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. This reissue of the revised edition brings the tenth edition completely up to date by the addition of hundreds of new words and meanings taken from Oxford's renowned data collection program, with a special focus on fast-changing areas of the language such as new technology, e-commerce, fashion, and youth culture.
Key features of the program include:
- The clearest , most accurate definitions, based on the largest language research programme in the world
- Clear layout with each new section (phrases, derivatives, usage notes, etymologies, wordbuilder) on new line
- Usage notes, offering help with tricky and controversial questions
- In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
- Pronunciations for words that might cause difficulty
- Origin Section tracing the history of words